A day at Silicon Harbor Labs is full of innovation, teamwork, and technologies touching everyday life. We are currently building up our team and searching for a high-potential Scrum Master to manage Silicon Harbor Labs’ next-generation of cloud-based software products. We work together with our clients to use the latest web and app technologies to create powerful and compelling experiences that will change the way that our clients’ users experience their products.
- Accountable for successful, external product releases while delighting our customers.
- Providing project leadership both internally & externally.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution both internal and external while improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values in or order to get the most out of self-organization while filling in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team (and organization) and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- BS in Management Information Systems/Technology or related engineering field.
- First level Scrum Master certification. (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience working directly with external customers.
- 5+ years of overall experience as of part of web based software development project teams.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach. (Examples: numerous burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling defects, etc.)
- Proven skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience working for a small, growing company in a fast paced environment.
- Second level Scrum Master certification. (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches especially Kanban.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach. (Examples: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling defects, etc.)
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
How to Apply
How can we help?
Click the button below to schedule a free introductory call with the Silicon Harbor Labs team.